Saturday 18 October 2014

Rainy days have always made me glad. I might look sad on some but it's just cause the dark clouds help me connect with my deepest emotions. For that im glad. My mother never stopped me from dancing in the rain. She made me take a warm bath after and bundle up but never stopped me.. I love her for that. I get in the rain every chance i get. There is something magical about being beaten by cool water from an apparently wiiidddddeeeee shower head. As a child i was told whenever God washed his face it became rain. I believed God's face must be massive to need that much water. People say they love staying in bed when it rains. No sir, not me. If im not already asleep before the rain, no way i will till it's over. I take walks in the rain, slowly ofcourse. Sometimes i release pent up frustration by crying. No one can tell because it's hard to differentiate between tears and rain water.. Ive never been kissed in the rain. I long for it though. I have danced and even taken baths in it... I love it when the skin on my fingers and toes wrinkle because of the water. My feet and hands turn really white and i feel super clean! After the rain, i bundle up and walk around surveying the aftermath of the downpour. On hot days i imagine this particular time and i can almost smell freshly beaten earth... I want the rains now.. I want to watch my mom cover her ears hard when it thunders... I want to stick my toes in muddy earth and count earthworms.. I want the rains.