Wednesday 11 January 2017

11.1.2017

9:57pm
Been a while I posted. I never stopped writing though… they have just been too intense to be posted here.
Hello old friend, missed me?
Haha. Sigh
So! it’s 2017! Not sure why but I really don’t like the number. I know 7 is a great number being acquainted with numerology and all but of all numbers 17 is my least favourite.
And yes I have favourite numbers J 9, 3, and 1.
I believe this is the part where I write my new year’s resolution and promise a new me and other ridiculously mundane and, although easy, never achieved goals. Well here goes:
This year I promise to get in touch with Me. The real ME, not the fake MEs I have created for different scenes, situations and circles. The real ME. Not the one I think people expect, not the one I have to be, and not the one the world keeps telling me I am.
The real me.
Like an onion, I need to peel off these coats to discover what lies beneath. Something tells me I’m in for a surprise.
How do I plan to achieve this you ask? Simple yet not so simple
Reduce technology.
I’ve figured in more ways, than one, these contraptions that have become a natural part of my day to day hour to hour life, have done me more harm than good.
In solitude, I sit and think of the nights I started writing. I remember burning papers and almost setting my head of hair on fire by nodding on numerous candles (haha story for another time)
I remember that poet, all those unfinished books, those books I lost, my many journals I treasured and designed, all those letters from close friends I collected. I remember how natural it all felt to express myself in this manner.
Then I remember my euphoria at getting a phone. I remember slowly and gradually being integrated into the vast world of the internet
OH MY GOD ITS RAINING!!!! ITS RAIN IN JANUARY!!! CAN THE WORLD GET ANYMORE SCREWED UP?!
Don’t get me wrong I love rain, everyone who knows me knows that, I’m just surprised…
Now where was i… I hope it heralds harmattan tomorrow morning, I’m itching to wear my harmattan clothes…
Okay for real this time, where were we? Oh yhh, my life after with technology.
Technology has opened up my mind and erased borders. I’ve been exposed to a vast accumulation of information. This information if used widely could be a wonderful in the hands of writer-artistic me. But what do I do instead? I let it envelop me. I allow myself to be distracted and not just for a moment, for years. I am well aware of my capacities, I might be in one position but I have never stopped dreaming. I am aware of the endless possibilities and what I could rather be achieving in the 16 hours it takes me to finish a TV series.
Between work and school, what little time I have to be creative is spent actively trying to ignore people on social media, finding stuff out, watching videos, learning stuff, not writing, not exploring the physical, just stuck in one vicious cycle fueled by 1.2 gigabyte of data monthly.
No. If I have my way, not this year. This year, I would try to be all that I can be.
Yes Sir. This year, I shall start and strive to be more that I am right now. I shall carve out opportunities to shine and strive to identify what makes me ME and what changes me.
This year, I find Me.
Good night my dear diary,
Sarah Twinkle

10:29pm