Wednesday 13 July 2016

You don’t need to jump off a building to kill yourself




We kill ourselves everyday, harming our bodies with various deadly substances we consume in the name of good living. People see a man developing a pot belly and say “money is showing!”
No it isn’t. He is digging his own grave and we stand by applauding. Some are lucky to have a trim body no matter what they consume. You think that means you are out of the woods? 
No! Whatever you put in is bound to come out in some way. Your body might be in shape outside, but who’s to tell what’s going on the inside? A conscious attitude should be cultivated to taking care of our bodies.
Note that this does not mean becoming an anorexic. 
No that is a different ballgame and subject all together. This simply means “watch what you eat”. Sometimes, we KNOW what we are about to consume is not good for us, but do not listen to our conscience.
I am a victim of this. I know this carbonated soft drink I’m about to consume would work negative wonders on my liver but it tastes good... so…. 
Sometimes my conscience gets through to me and I’m able to curb it. But only till next time. 
There is always a next time.
Why not visit the internet and find out ways to keep your body healthy as well as healthy foods to consume? I’m not a health expert but I am well aware of the immense health benefits of fruits. Incorporate that into your diet. Substitute that carbonated soft drink for freshly squeezed fruit juice, those sugar coated cookies for nuts. Substitute that cream filled desert for a fruit salad once in a while. If you do this, you’d live long enough to treat yourself later with that desert.
Don’t eat late. If it’s late and you absolutely cannot sleep without eating, take a small quantity and do not go to sleep immediately.
Ignore the elevator, it’s cool and easy I know. Take the stairs. Don’t take that bus if you can walk there. One, you get to burn off some fat and two, you save your money!
Soft drinks with food? Why? Take water instead! Save the drinks for later if you absolutely have to. Food should always be accompanied with water. Not cold water, not soft or hard drinks.
Avoid those, “instant” foods- Noodles and such- they contain a lot of harmful preservatives the internet is only too happy to educate you on.
If this was a well researched article, I would have listed some of these. However, its just me, Sarah, giving you a piece of mind on healthy living as I know it.
Please research further, make a conscious effort to live healthy and walk!

Sa Ra H